Director of Facilities
Genesis Christian College provides high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1500 students from Prep to Year 12.
We are seeking a Full Time, Director of Facilities to manage our Grounds team and the overall maintenance of the College facilities.
Reporting to the Principal, the Director of Facilities is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of College facilities, including management of related budgets, aesthetically pleasing and well-maintained buildings and grounds, security and safety, project management of capital works and equipment, coordination of Property Staff and external contractors, and well-monitored Work Health and Safety (WHS) processes and practices.
Our current Director of Facilities is retiring at the end of 2021 after 13 years of faithful service to the College. The successful candidate would need to be available to commence at the beginning of November 2021 for a handover period.
In order to undertake this leadership role, the successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position where duties may have included some of the following: project management, procurement of contract services, building services and/or workplace health and safety
- Proven experience in team supervision and leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with building regulations and relevant legislations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products and email communication
- Excellent and proven communication, negotiation, organisational, supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Certificate IV WHS
- Fire Safety Advisor qualification
- Current First Aid certificate
- Eligibility for a Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card)
In addition, we are seeking an experienced leader with the following attributes:
- A passion for high standards
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, who has the ability to engage, persuade, inspire, and lead others to reach desired outcomes
- Takes pride in their own work and those of their team
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- A sense of humour
- Infectious enthusiasm
- Willing and able to work outside of ordinary hours
- An active Christian faith
As a Leader in our College, you will be contributing to an exceptional learning environment that promotes the strong aims of an independent Christian school.
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive workplace culture
- State of the art facilities
- An attractive salary package commensurate with the successful candidates previous experience and qualifications
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- 11.25% superannuation.
How to make an application: Please complete our Employment Application Form.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter addressing: – how you meet the knowledge, experience and leadership requirements of the role and your Christian cultural alignment within the mission and ethos of Genesis Christian College
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of two professional referees and a minister/pastor reference who our HR Department may contact.
Applications close Monday, 4 October 2021. For further information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3882 9000. The preferred candidate may be asked to undertake psychometric assessment.